Please scroll down for updates.
DACE – Dance Art Critical Ecology
Curators Rickard Borgström & Rebecca Chentinell.
• Exhibition: Hämärän maa – Nattens ekologi , Curation DACE, 17.12.22- 9.4.23, Rovaniemi Art Museum, Finland
• Interview with DACE by Karina Sarkissova in Maska magazine 211/12: Ecology; between Staging and Performing ecologies . More information at MASKA
• Le Sacre du printemps, developing a dance piece for the Nature forest of Högsveden with Zheng Bo and 8 dancers. Offerings on the 11 and 12 of August. Dalarna, Sweden
• Guest program: A Journey through the (post) anthropocentric landscape of Dalarna. The guestprogram invites artists, curators, researchers, activist to move through the landscape to conduct a poetic inventory of it and deploy artistic exploration of the entangled ecology of the region. In collaboration with IASPIS & The International Dance Program of The Swedish Arts Grants Committee, TINFO & FRAME and Dalarna County Council. 12- 15 of August, Dalarna, Sweden.
• Residency and premier of DACE’s new creation, a chanting performance on the relation between ecological systems and language strucutres, L’Écart- Art Center, 18-29 of October, Rouyn-Noranda Quebec, Canada
Recent 2021- 2022
• Theater Premiere and tour: Hvem drepte faren min, by Edouard Louis, Agder Nye Teater 9.11- 23.11 2022 (Dramaturge, Rickard Borgström) Postponed due to illness in the cast, we return with new dates soon.
• World premier: Le Sacre du printemps (Tandvärkstallen), Zheng Bo At the 59th International Art Exhibition of La Biennale di Venezia
The Milk of Dreams, Curated by Cecilia Alemani
20 April – 27 November 2022 Film produced by DACE – Dance Art Critical Ecology
Rickard Borgström & Rebecca Chentinell
• Eco- Sensitive Dance, Zheng Bo & Ossi Niskala, Högsveden 24.4- 3.5 2022
• Eco- Somática, Amanda Piña & Tira Kuna Dancers, Dansinitiativet, Luelå 2 – 29.4 2022
• Bergspråk, Amanda Piña and Timur Si-Qin, Havremagasinet, Boden/Suttes 30.4- 15.5 2022
• School of Mountains, Amanda Piña, Tanzquartier Wien 24- 26.6 2022
• Symbiosis- Erotics, Zheng Bo and Geumhyung Jeong.
at Färgfabriken, Stockholm 18.10- 28.11 2021
With support from Suomen Kulttuurirahasto, Taiteen edistämiskeskus – Taike ,Frame Contemporary Art Finland, Kulturrådet, Nordisk Kulturfond, Konstnärsnämnden, Iaspis Konstnärsnämnden, Nordisk kulturkontakt, Riksteatern- Dans, Future Games/Changemaker Educations, Jokkmokk i Rörelse.
For more information visit
dace.nu fargfabriken.se havremagasinet.se dansinitiativet.se
Rickard Borgström, Curator Dramaturge Critic, Sibbo, Finland. He works at the fluid intersection of contemporary art, dance and theatre. He deploy a de-central perspective to conceive exhibition and program formats, within diverse backgrounds and geographies, in a collaborative and trans-disciplinary modes, to provide a historical anchoring and engagement with local conditions. Borgström has worked mainly in the Nordic region where his work has been presented at institutions such as Teaterhuset Avant Garden (Rosendal Teater), Bastard Internationella Teaterfestival, Stamsund Teaterfestival, Norsk Kulturråd, Lofoten Internationella Konstfestival, Inkonst, Art Space Sinne, Jyväskylä Art museum, Korjaamo, Nunatta Isiginnaartitsisarfia – The National Theatre of Greenland. At times he lecture in contemporary dramaturgies in dance and theatre at Uniarts Dance department Stockholm. Borgström writes for Norsk Shakespearetidskrift and Ny tid. Currently he is co-curating DACE; a platform for dance and visual arts focusing on critical ecology with Rebecca Chentinell, the first pilot Symbiotic – Erotics took place at Färgabriken, Stockholm fall 2021, followed by Bergsråk at Havremagasinet Boden/Suttes spring 2022. He was a member of the committee of Dance at the Swedish Art Council 2018-2021. Borgström is educated at Dramatiska Institutet and Stockholms Universitet.